Thursday, 5 November 2015

Organization with class numbers

I`ve started organizing many things in my class for the students based on numbers. Each kid has a class number that helps them locate their materials. It has cut down on having to re-label things every year with a new group of kids. It also helped in getting new kids in the middle of the year! I recently had a student move and I am getting a new one on Monday! Easy peasy! They just took over that kids number and I already have his math bag, book bin and daily 5 board labelled and ready to go because of it!

There are still some things I keep names on for the students . (coat hooks, hometime folders, etc) But this helped a ton with getting ready in September! I could label everything early! I also didn`t even have to re-print new numbers for some things!

Here is what I label with numbers:

Book Bins

I labelled these last year and my kids took such great care of them we re-used almost all this year!
Kids find their number when going out to daily 5. The duotangs in the book bins also have their number on them.
IMG_4094
Math Bags

Kids find their bag and take it with them to Math daily 5.

IMG_4087


I also labelled as many things in the bag as I could with their number. If something gets left on the ground….you know which bag it belongs too!

IMG_4086
IMG_4085

Question of the Day Magnets

Kids answer the question of the day in the morning by putting up their magnet on the ten frame.

IMG_4088

Daily 5 Choice Board

I used to have names here last year and every time a new kid came I had to re-print on coloured paper, laminate, and move everyone’s names in alphabetical order.

IMG_4095

How do you organize and label things?


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I use numbers as well. What do you use the green ten squares in the math tool bags for?

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover