Monday, 15 September 2014

Read to Self, CAFE Titles, Turn and Talk Sharing

We began Read to Self on our 3rd day of school. This is my 6th year doing Daily 5 and CAFE and every year I change something or many things! This year I want to focus on daily mini lessons on CAFE and utilizing the board as much as I can. I had to move tons of furniture around and lost a bunch of storage and space. My CAFE board had to move as well, as it became too high up for me to reach! Here it is on the back of my reading corner shelf. It is now at kid level and more friendly for them to reach and refer to. I also changed my CAFE headers and papers to reflect a more calming presence.Click {HERE} to download the CAFE headers. 

photo 5

Here is our Read to Self Anchor Chart. I hope everyone’s anchor charts look like mine when they do them with the kids! The next day, I hang up the nice smaller one. We are also tracking our stamina on the bottom lol. (we are now at 8 minutes)

photo 3

I also created a poster to help when us when we turn and talk after mini lessons, sharing, etc. I got the idea from Mrs. Rios’s Blog and tweaked it to fit my kids.

photo 4



Click {HERE} to download the Turn and Talk Poster.

How is everybody else doing with starting up Daily 5 and CAFE?

6 comments:

  1. I don't do CAFE but do a modified version of Daily 5. We have started building stamina using 3 ways to read a book. We are up to 5 mins. I need to remember to include it every day. There are so many routines and rules to establish in Sept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The days feel soooo long as you continue to model and talk about every routine! Today we had to go over how to ask a friend to make room for you in the circle. Lol

      Delete
  2. I love the turn and talk poster- it is just what I need! It says I need permission to access, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops forgot to turn teh sharing on! Thanks Megan!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for all the great things that you have shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks deb! Hope you can use them!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover