Saturday, 27 September 2014

How To: Create Notebooks, Notes and Templates in Evernote

I had posted last week about how I use Evernote for assessing my kids and keeping track of their data. I also use it for all of my day plans. Some people had a few more questions as to how I created the assessment notes or day plan templates, so I thought I would try and share as best I could!
Whenever I create new notebooks or notes, I use the Evernote Computer Application. I find it easier and it has more functions then creating on the ipad. If I am just writing a simple note however, I can do it on the iPad.

Create a Notebook Stack:
One thing I like about Evernote is that you can create a Notebook and then stack other notebooks within it. For Example I have a Big Notebook titled “2014 Daily Plans” and within that notebook, I have notebooks for every week of the year, which hold my notes for each day. You just create a notebook and then create other notebooks and drag them into the Notebook Stack.

ever - Copy

(I put letters in front of them because Evernote likes to sort the notebooks Alphabetically…which I don’t want for this)

Create a New Note:
Go into the notebook you want, and click on New Note.

ever1 - Copy

Your new note will be blank. Give it a title, you can add tags to find it easier later.
Here is a note I titled “Day 5”

ever2

Create your Template:
For more complicated notes, where I want a template that I can use again and again, (assessment, Day Plans, Conference notes, etc) I first make the table or template I want in Word and then copy/paste into Evernote.
Here is an example of a table I made for what my Day 5 looks like. I then go into the note each time Day 5 comes up and add in the notes and details about what I am doing on that day.

ever5

Here is what it looks like when I paste it into a new note in Evernote. I save it in a notebook titled “Templates”.

ever3

Copy a Note:
I then save the note in a templates folder. I copy the note into the weekly notebook whenever Day 5 comes up!

ever4 - Copy




Here is another example. I made a table for an assessment called Concepts of Print in Word. It is a blank assessment form for when I assess each kid. I then copied it and pasted it into a note in Evernote.

ever6

Here is what it looks like when I paste it into a new note in Evernote. I added check mark boxes in Evernote to help with the assessment.

ever7

I then copied this note into each child’s assessment notebook. So when I went to do this assessment, the note was already there and I just had to type in the form and click the boxes and add comments!
Hope this helped a bit!

Let me know if you got any use out of this!

You can find other posts about how I track assessment and Evernote under the Technology Topic on the side!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome info! I really enjoy your posts. Especially how you use Evernote. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad someone is reading my posts!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover