Thursday, 20 February 2014

Tech Talk Thursday

Haven’t shared a post for Tech Talk Thursday in a while, so thought I would share something we are working on right now!
techtalk button

My kids have been working on creating and solving their own story problems in math. We used the App ScreenChomp to help us create a story problem and record our voice reading our story!

photo 5 (2)

Students were tasked with creating a subtraction story problem. They then had to tell their story using all the math vocabulary we had been talking about when creating a problem.

This is what screenchomp looks like when you open it. Pretty much like a whiteboard. My kids used styluses to draw their story and then recorded their voice telling it. Super easy to use, can take photos to add, change colours and pen widths etc.

photo 1


Here are some of the stories created.

photo 2

photo 3

What I also love, is in the end you can share it live on their website! No account needed. I simply emailed the link to myself and will create QR codes for each one for kids to use to share their addition and subtraction stories with their parents at conferences.
Download it for free at the App Store!

Here is a pic from our 100 day on Tuesday!

photo 1 (4)

Book Character Day tomorrow! Follow me on instagram to see what I am being!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover