Thursday, 3 October 2013

Tech Talk Thursday

techtalk button
I wanted to share about 1 piece of technology I use every morning in my class to start our day. My kids have a Morning Message to answer every day when they come in the class.It greets them on the Smartboard! Answering the Morning Message is one of their morning jobs before Morning Meeting begins. 

Here’s an example of one of messages. ( I added the dots on the ten frame with the Smartboard Pen. Each ten frame showed a different number) I forgot to take a picture of it on the Smartboard, so here’s a pic of it from my computer!

smartboard

I love to do my Morning Message on my Smartboard because:

A. It saves a TON of paper. I use to write the message every day on the easel before I got the Smartboard.

B. I can write the message quicker on the Smartboard. It is super fast to add graphics, etc without having to hand write it all. I also save each days message, so it’s easy just to make a few changes and not start all over.

C. The kids love using the board.

D. Bigger surface for kids to write their answers.

My kiddos have to try and read the message themselves before they ask a friend or teacher for help. The questions always allow for individual answers and are usually open ended.

Here are more examples of how I use this piece of technology in my class!

Quick Vowel Sort

photo 1 (13)

Anchor Charts (Saves tons of paper and then I post a nicer version later on the walls)

photo 1 (23)

My kids also use it for Math Technology during Math Daily 5.

Anyone have an interactive whiteboard? How are you using it to enhance students learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover