Sunday, 28 July 2013

Monday Made It- DIY Chevron Corkboard

I am linking up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics for her weekly “Monday Made It!”
This may be one of my favourite things I’ve crafted in awhile. The best thing about it is it cost me $0 to make! I already had everything at home!

photo (89)

Materials:

Corkboard – I had these 2 square corkboards sitting around in a bin. They came in a pack of 4 squares and I had 2 up on the wall in the computer room already. Any size corkboard would do.
Paint- I used some acrylic craft paint which I already had in the house.
Brushes- I used some little foam brushes I had to sponge paint it.
Tape- I just used masking tape and my lines turned out pretty neat.
Pencil and Ruler- To measure out lines before you tape.
Exacto Knife- Just to clean up some of the tape corners so they are straight.
Chevron Tutorial- I found this great tutorial by Amanda over at Mommy is CooCoo (haha) Even her 5 year old could make chevron stripes!

Step 1: Follow the tutorial that Amanda made. :)

photo 1 (44)photo 2 (45)

Hard to see but all my squares are traced.

photo 3 (37)

Step 2: Make sure your tape is firmly down and paint! I tried to do an Ombre effect…not sure if I achieved it.

photo 5 (23)photo 1 (45)
S
tep 3. Let dry and then remove the tape!

photo 2 (46)

I don’t even want to put any tacks in it! It’s too pretty! I am now tempted to take down my other 2 which are holding pics and info and paint them too!
Now to find a place in my classroom for them!

bloglovin button

7 comments:

  1. This is the cutest thing ever! I am pinning it so that I might attempt to make it later! I love it!

    I am also your newest follower...can't wait to see what else you post!

    Bobbi
    Bitty Bilinguals

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this in my life now!

    This looks amazing :)

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks Anisa ! I am tempted to take down my other corkboards and do the same!

      Delete
  3. That is very professional looking - and adorable!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! I don't have a cork board but this might inspire me that I need okay want one! :)

    Jessica
    Wild & Fun in Pre-K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover