Saturday, 25 May 2013

Nearing the end….

Almost there! We go right till the end of June and I can see summer quickly approaching!

As I start to wrap things up with my kids and stress over all the things we still need to do….I am starting to look towards my new crop of kids. The majority of the students in kinder this year are EAL. Our school of 315 students has over 150 kids with English as an additional language. Soo..in order to help them prepare for grade 1, I created a package to send home with them over the summer.

I saw this idea on Doodle Bugs Teaching and thought it was a great idea!
I have put together 30 pages of printing practice (capitals and lowercase), sight word and short vowel recognition and spelling, number recognition to 50, patterning and much more!

I plan on putting them into duo-tangs complete with a sharpened pencil and giving them to my next years kids at our Steppin’ up Day. 

Here’s a look at a few of the pages.

getting ready for grade 1 pack

Anyone else do anything to support their next year’s kids over the summer?

1 comment:

  1. I've never done anything like that but it sounds like a super idea!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover