Tuesday, 28 May 2013

A Linky and some Miro

I  am linking up with Kristen over at Ladybug’s Teacher Files for her and Elizabeth’s Optimum Organization Linky Party!
linky1
The ladies are asking:
What are some of your favourite organizational tools?
Here are some of mine!

1. My Math Daily 5 Bins

These have totally helped my kids in finding their activities and putting everything back neatly and independently! I also like how they are big because lots of our activities have manipulatives and these bins are the perfect size to store anything and everything!

photo 2 (24)

2. My Supply Bins

These bins how all those weird supplies we as grade 1 teachers collect. Toothpicks, cups, beads, yarn, balloons, felt, foam pieces….etc…..etc..
You never know when you might need a pompom right? Just today another teacher came by and said “ I need some Q-tips!! You have those right?” Well I didn’t…but I thought that would be a good addition!

photo 3 (20)

3.  My Job Organizers

These are new this year to my room! I was always making piles and putting things everywhere and forgetting where stuff was or what needed to be done. Now I have 5 bins at the front of my room….when I can’t to jobs right away…..they go in their bin until I can do it! They are wider as well then other bins, so they fit cardstock nice!

photo 1 (24)

How to YOU organize?? Link up!



On another note…..we have been learning about the artist Joan Miro in Art. We looked at his style or art…discussed his pieces and then created some of our own works like Miro!

We used this awesome Roll a Miro Game to start off! (not my idea….found on Pinterest)

photo 3 (21)photo 4 (17)photo 5 (16)photo 1 (25)photo 2 (25)photo 5 (15)

My plan was to make sculptures with them….but our paper was too flimsy…ah well..next time!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I was looking for a new artist to study with my students. I just might have to use this activitiy!

      Laurie

      Delete
  2. They turn out super cute. The game has tons of Miro shapes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog from the Optimum Organization Linky and I love how you have things organized! Your classroom must be huge to have enough room for those buns and shelves.

    Julie AKA Southern Teacher
    Southern Teacher WBT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Julie

      I don't think I have a huge classroom, but I try to use all the space the best I can! We are an open area school so I don't have a door....and only have 2 walls! It can be hard to find space sometimes!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Renee

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover