Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Hall Pass Linky

I am linking up with Reagan over at Tunstall’s Teaching Tidbits for her Hall Pass Linky Party!

hallpass
Here’s the lowdown.
hallpass1
P-Product:

Well I don’t have tons but one I love is my Reading Strategies Caterpillar. We refer to him every day during Guided Reading and he just looks cute :)

cater5
caterpillar

Sorry he’s blurry :(

A-Area

My favourite part of my classroom is my reading corner.
I love it because it has cute pillows and carpet, owl reading buddies, a funky lamp and my kiddos are great at taking care of it :) We read, book shop, hang out and learn new things in here! (This is last years picture so no lamp and owl reading buddies in this one!)

June 11, 2012 009

S- Signal

My signal in my class is my wind chime and my hand chime. We practice the very first day of school with a freeze game that helps us learn what to do when you hear the wind chime! When you hear the chime…you freeze and turn to look at the teacher. You are frozen while I talk. When I am done talking I will say “Melt” and you can continue on.
My hand chime is a little different. It is used to signal the end of Daily 5 round and Daily 5 math rounds. I ring it 3 times on my hand and when you hear those 3 rings…you know to clean up and come to the carpet. No words are necessary.
Works great for me! I bought my hand chime online but I cannot seem to find a pic of it! It’s in the shape of a star and it’s made of wire. You ring it by hitting it on the back of your hand. Anyone?

Ashley  from "That's so Second Grade" had it in her post! Mine is silver but looks exactly like this!



S- Sanity

One way I keep myself sane at work is by chatting with hallway colleagues about some of my known turkeys. We are in an open concept school so no doors on the classrooms and a few walls. We all open up into the same hallway. I can look over my bookshelf and see the grade 3 teacher. I have 2 1/3 walls in my room. The 1/3 wall I share with another classroom. Hard to picture I know.
Anywho….chatting with certain people makes me feel better and reassures me that I am not crazy.
Another way I stay sane is by just having some quiet time at lunch or during recess. Sometimes it’s nice to just surf Pinterest, eat snacks out of my filing cabinet and have a quiet moment. Although indoor recess is making me bananas. No more –40 celsius days please.

There you have it!

Go link up with Reagan and share your own Teachers Hall Pass!



8 comments:

  1. I really like your caterpillar strategy thingy!
    My brother lives in Winnipeg ... I can't imagine -40C!!! Some people around here are in shorts already (well, just the brave ones:)
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! And we still go to school! Not one snow day like other people..so unfair!

      Renee

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the feeling of your blog. I found you through the Hall Pass Linky Party. I love your reading corner.
    Sherry
    Kindergarten Milestones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Sherry! Your comment was so nice to read!

      I am going to check out your blog!

      Renee

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out! Glad I could help you out with the music wand photo! I don't know what I would do without my music wand -- my kids respond so well to it! Your sanity part made me laugh! I am so bad to eat lunch and then snack out of my filing cabinet.. cheez-its, peanuts, crackers (aka junk!). It does always make me feel better!

    Ashley
    That's So Second Grade
    www.secondgradeparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I searched forever for that dang picture and could not find it anywhere! I must have typed in a million different things!

      My filing cabinet includes those things as well! Haha...crackers...popcorn..tea...chocolate.

      Renee

      Delete
  4. I love your blog! Your caterpillar idea is fabulous and I love your signals. The hand chime is really fun too! I'm your newest follower! I've recently started a blog and would love for you to stop by sometime in you have the chance. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    Melissa
    Jungle Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I am going to check out yours right now!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover