Friday, 15 February 2013

5 for Friday

Yay for long weekends! We have Monday off for Louis Riel Day (Thank you Manitoba) and I am away Tuesday at a Math PD.

I am linking up with Kacey’s Five for Friday!
5 for friday

1. Warm and Cool Colours. The kiddos did some warm and cool watercolour paintings things morning. We sorted warm, cool and neutral colours and cut out some shapes from our paintings.

IMG_0400
IMG_0399

2. We worked with gigantic dominos during Morning Meeting.

june 18th, 2012 034

3. We have been working on the strategies “Stretching the Word, Text to Self Connections and Making Predictions” in Daily 5.

IMG_0258

4. We did LOTS of Daily 5. I do it all morning every day. With a Morning Meeting beforehand.
 IMG_0223IMG_0226IMG_0230IMG_0232

5. I can’t remember what my fifth one was, so instead I will share this sweet picture of one of my little guys and his EA from the beginning of the year. Love.

 az

Have a great weekend and “Keep it Riel!”

11 comments:

  1. I love your strategies board! I would love to read more about how you implement Daily 5 along with your reading curriculum. I love Daily 5...it's just trying to fit it all in...

    groovyeducator.blogspot.com

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea

      I have a provincial ELA curriculum which outlines the outcomes students need to know in Grade 1. However, I get to determine how to teach those outcomes and in what way! I am very lucky! So I get to structure my day however I feel fits best!

      Renee

      Delete
  2. Your blog is too cute!! I love it! I'm your newest follower. Thanks for sharing!

    adventuresofroom129.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you do in your classroom!!! Love the art-makes me want to be an art teacher! What a sweet picture with the EA : )

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so nice Kelli! Thanks for the kind comments!

      Renee

      Delete
  4. Could you share where you found your giant dominoes? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them on Mathwire.com. Look under the Letter D. They are called Domino Flashcards. I printed them on coloured cardstock and then laminated!

      Renee



      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the giant dominoes and the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover