Saturday, 12 January 2013

Currently in Daily 5, Math Daily 5 and Writing

I’ve noticed that I seem to post more about math than anything else on here.  So I am going to try to spread it around today!

Daily 5

Here is a word work idea that my kids have been working on in Daily 5.

It is called Bead and Record.
Students string letter beads on pipe cleaners and then record! Easy Peasy. My kids use their own personal words that they are working on from Tyner. It is a mixture of sight words and word sorting cards. Everyone has their own personal set of words that are just right for them in their word work notebook.

IMG_0224
 

Math Daily 5

Here are some activities my kiddos are working on in Math Daily 5.

Teddy Bear Toss. Students shake the teddy bears in the cup….toss them on the table and then check to see how many landed face up and how many landed face down! They then record a number sentence to match! The best thing about it is you can change how many bears are in the cup to differentiate it!
IMG_0239
IMG_0242


IMG_0241
IMG_0240

Writing

We worked on some goals for ourselves for 2013. Here is the finished product!
IMG_0251
Ignore the ugly bulletin board. I couldn’t be bothered making this one look all fancy and nice. String it is.
IMG_0252
IMG_0254

 

6 comments:

  1. I just printed your teddy bear math game sheets. Thanks so much! These are terrific!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these great ideas and freebies! I'm your newest follower. I'm on my way to 100 followers and giveaway. Please stop by!
    Blessings,
    Brittany
    Keeping Up With First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Brittany|! I am going to hop over to your site right now!

      Delete
  3. Love as always!!! Love seeing another teacher use clear sheets to save paper!!!!

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kell! I use tons of page protectors in math. It's all practice to me!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover