Tuesday, 22 January 2013

5 Senses Craftivity

One of our clusters in Science is The Senses. A couple years ago I found this cute idea on somebody elses blog and then adapted it for my needs. So if this activity looks familiar and this was your original idea…please send me an email!! I will give you credit! I am not the idea maker on this one!



I do not do many crafts throughout the year. This is one of my only ones. So I hope you can use it! We started off by reading a book all about the 5 senses and what they were and how they help. We then did a little labelling on an anchor chart.

This project took many steps and a few days. ( If you have read my previous posts you will know my classrooms Achilles heel this year is cutting and gluing)

Here are our first steps written out, demonstrated, modelled, read over and re-modelled.

photo (56)

(See the arrow beside #4? It’s imperative that you check with me before any gluing occurs due to our lack of gluing skills)

There were more steps after #4 but this was all we could handle for one day. The next day we completed the rest of the steps:
5. Glue down the title “My five senses”
6. Cut out hair and glue it down.
7. Glue down 5 senses words near the body part involved (taste by mouth etc)
8. Glue down googly eyes.
9. Use a black marker to draw lines to the body part to label your person.

IMG_0295IMG_0298IMG_0296IMG_0297IMG_0303IMG_0304IMG_0305
photo (55)
photo (54)

I’ve included the labelling words as well as a template for the t-shirt, head and arms! (Note: the head and arms were hand drawn by me. They are not to scale. lol)
Please email me for a copy!


4 comments:

  1. Would love this template, but it won't let me download it! Could you email it to me?! krystalranda@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I would love this template you used! My Kindergartner's would love this!
    Thanks,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me an email Lauren!

      Reneesaintlaurent@hotmail.com

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover