Friday, 20 July 2012

Drama Queen Linky Party

Hello everyone!

I am linking up with Barbara over at Grade ONEderful for a Drama Linky Party.

Do you have to teach drama in your class? It is part of the Arts curriculum that I am responsible for teaching to my grade ones. Here is an activity that will help get you started!

Dance Land

Create an open space in your classroom. I do this activity at my carpet area. Create an imaginary line down the middle of the space. Tell kids that there are 2 Dance Lands that they are going to be moving between. As they move into a new land they need to change their bodies to match that land. For example, you can designate one side skipping land and one side hopping land. As kids move about the space they have to move their bodies depending what land they are in! So when I am in skipping land I can only skip. As I move across the imaginary middle line I begin to hop in hopping land. Make sense?

Every 30 seconds or so, ring the chime and have everyone freeze and change the lands. So now 1 land is crawling land and 1 land is twirling land!

This is a great way to get kids moving and incorporate dance and drama!


6 comments:

  1. I love this idea, Renee! I've never heard of Dancing Lands before! I'm definitely going to be doing that. Thank you! And thanks so much for linking up.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    PS You were asking about the button. Copy the code underneath it and paste it in your post (you have to be in the html mode, not compose, for this to work:) Easy peasy! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you though Barbara's Drama Queen linky. Dancing lands sounds like fun- and a good way to work off extra energy. I am your newest follower - and I'm having a Pete the Cat linky in the next couple of day. I hope that you will link up your Pete the Cat post.

    sandi
    rubber boots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo sounds like fun!! I will for sure link up! I am following you!!

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog! Come visit our blog sometime. Your newest follower, Stephanie http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover